As any new yorker knows, try your hardest to avoid the city streets when it is all lovely and humid, but when your boss has free orchestra seats for the coolest concert every what can you say.
Hello heat; Good bye pants.
A spontaneous afternoon turned into a bottle of wine on our ride into Penn Station, sushi in Chelsea, and then the coolest concert ever- Seal & incase you're wondering, he totally sang "Kissed by a Rose". Errrr, then we left, but stil totally awesomeee.
When dressing for a fun day into a ridiculous evening adventure you need to consider something transitional that is both comfortable, and should go without saying is effortlessly chic and pulled together. In normal circumstances this would mean fun simple layers. Although, that all gets thrown to hell in 90 degree weather with humidity. I personally just think of white cotton when I want to stay cool. In these conditions focus on The Basics:
- & be wearing as little clothing as possible to still be considered a lady.
1. Simple Crisp White Sweetheart-cut, Strapless Dress: Mossimo
2. Braided Cognac belt, gold hardware: Target
3. Gold Watch: Michael Kors
4. Large White Flower Earrings: Charlotte Russe
5. Natural Leather Gladiator Ankle Strap Sandals: Mossimo
6. Soft Leather Bowling "Bedford" Bag: Michael Kors